Monday, April 6, 2009

Butterfly Chrysalis

Days had passed with boredom at school as I had nothing to do but read. It was till Friday morning when something caused me to get my camera out. I spotted a very colourful butterfly chrysalis, the one belonging to the very common butterfly here. It had sparkling colours and was glittery at some areas too.
-
-
This was a chrysalis that I had never in my life seen before, and, what is more amazing is the fact that the caterpillars of this species can be found so commonly in our school yet I did not manage to find one, till now. It seemed like a great find but I was eager to see if the butterfly really does belong to the same species that I think it is.
-
-
The next morning I went over to the same place to check the chrysalis out, but found out that the butterfly had already emerged and all that was left was the old outer skin of the chrysalis.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails