Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Colours of the Rainbow

I had to post all these spider pictures first as I'm still not done with the rest. As I had said, I managed to find a variety of animals in the garden. I was chasing after a House Shrew when I nearly hit this colourful spider and its web. If it wasn't for my friend who warned me about the web, I would have hit it and the spider. It was a very unique and attractively marked one. With help by showing a leaf behind, I managed to take some pretty shots.
-
-
-
The spider soon realised about our presence, and slowly made a dash to the other end of the web, which was the fence. As it moved, I managed to take two pictures of it.
-
-
I didn't want it to abandon its web so I distracted it the other way, causing it to go back and onto its web. Although I didn't take any shots then, I have to show one last picture of the spider as it walked slowly on its web.
-
-
On another plant, we came across a different species. This one was much smaller and was less colourful than the previous one we encountered.
-
-
And in the very middle, waiting to prey on some of the Pygmy Grass Blues was a long-legged spider, about an inch in length with a big white patch on its back. Is it a Daddy Long-Leg?
-
-
Good enough for a Mini-Hunt.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails