Monday, June 6, 2011

Wow, Stick Insects at Home!

Woke up one morning and as I was about to open my door, I found the most unusual creature resting on the door handle. A stick insect! A green and large one, in fact. I couldn't believe what I was looking at. A stick insect here, in this rather urbanised area!? Anyway, I got my camera and snapped a few photos straight away. I didn't want to lose this opportunity.






I've seen stick insects in rather forested and uninhabited places in India, but its the first time spotting one in a place like this. It's surprising to note that despite all the noise, pollution and urbanisation they face in this place, these insects are still able to survive and reproduce. I don't think its possible it flew here from a distant area or anything. Anyway, spotting this stick insect surely is a benficial thing; it proves that there still is a lot of wildlife yet to be discovered around in these areas. If I don't find them, maybe they'll come looking for me- maybe even at my doorstep like this little one!

2 comments:

adrielleroyale said...

Now, wouldn't that be fun for you! ;) You could have a photo op day :)

Shawn said...

Lol! haha, it sure will!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails