Saturday, May 2, 2009

Yellow-Crested Cockatoo

As I had said, once having done with the grasshoppers, I heard a very noisy bird flying around the trees near the carpark. I was standing close to where it was flying, and upon looking up, I realized that it was a white bird with a yellow crest. A Yellow-Crested Cockatoo, or Sulfur-Crested Cockatoo. It was extremely noisy while flying around; maybe it was angry about something? The bird landed on a tree and I started taking some shots of it.
-
-
What a beautiful bird it is, especially when that gorgeous crest is showed up?
-
-
The crest was slowly lowered within a few minutes. It seemed to have calmed down and was hopping around the branches. I really regretted not having told my friend to bring his Canon DSLR Camera as if he did, he would have been able to take clear shots of the bird. My camera was at full-zoom, and so the quality of these shots are very bad.
-
-
-
For the first three shots, I had used flash. For this final shot (above) I decided not to use flash. This gave the sky a normal blue colour instead of white when flash is on. Anyway, what a great find, I've never spotted a wild cockatoo in my life before, till now.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails