Sunday, October 26, 2008

Bukit Timah Nature Reserve

Today, we went to the West Coast Park Marshland early in the morning to release the baby Malayan Water Monitor. We took a picture of it before releasing it.


After that, we headed straight to Bukit Timah Nature Reserve. I was expecting to see at least a few snakes... but unfortunately I did not see a single reptile. Not even a Changeable Lizard.
My friend who came with me was amazed after seeing a cicada.
They are so common... We saw a weird looking moth, a few spiders, a few naughty monkeys and a Giant Forest Ant.


I saw something like a rat but it ran away before I could even get a good look at it.
Will be going back there soon. We only hope that it does not rain.

1 comment:

Shirls said...

Hi Shawn,

Read your posts on my blog. Where can you find bats?
I live on the edge of the nature reserve hence the ready supply of wild life. As for snakes I'm still not very good at spotting them and tend to find them by pure luck.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails