Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Common Gliding Lizard

With my friend beside me, I decided to leave the group and follow a path took us to a shelter. There was no one on that path, hence it was very quiet and peaceful. Just as I walked half-way through the path I spotted a Gliding Lizard on a tree beside me. I whispered to my friend and slowly started taking some shots.
-
-
It was a Common Gliding Lizard, also known as the Sumatran Flying Dragon. These lizards are able to glide from tree to tree by stretching their skin flabs under their bellies, forming it into somethig like a parachute. At first, my flash was too intense. I quickly had to reduce the flash intensity but by then, the lizard was already hot on the heels to run off.
-
-
Just as I managed another shot, it jumped off to the tree trunk and started to climb higher up the tree. Missed another opportunity.
-

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails