Saturday, January 21, 2012

One to Give You the Creeps

I haven't posted much about animals or other wild creatures since 2011. Anyway, here's one to give you the creeps: A bright orange cricket I found hiding in my handkerchief.



It was unlike any other cricket I've seen before; with it's long antenna, sharp 'tail' and spiky legs, it looked extremely creepy!



Reminds me of the giant insects you see in many bug movies... Imagine this guy (100 times bigger) sneaking into your bed at midnight!





As you can see, its wings are really tiny, too small to fly, and so this cricket must be a nymph. I took it out and released him.

3 comments:

Vera said...

Wow... Great pictures!
This cricket is so... orange! :)

adrielleroyale said...

Wow! weird! Great pics :)

Shawn said...

Thanks guys!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails