Sunday, March 18, 2012

Dancing Treepies

I found this perky pair of Indian Rufous Treepies frolicking on a tree close to my room one morning. These mischievous birds, although a pretty cute sight, are extremely playful and noisy; one should hear their loud laughter-like calls and wonder if its the same bird making these calls or not.





I decided to snap a few shots as I never really get to photograph birds; either I didn't specialize in them or they didn't specialize in me. At one moment, I noticed one of them performing a wacky dance in front of the other, and that gave me the idea that it was a male trying to grab the female's attention. It was a gorgeous sight alright!




6 comments:

Vera said...

Wow! Missed your wildlife photography, the birds are so wonderful!

Shawn said...

Thanks Vera! It's just that there's hardly any wildlife around here nowadays!

john said...

Great photos of some great birds. They may be humdrum to you, but they are new to the rest of us. Photos showing a specific behavior like courting are always more interesting.

Nature Rambles said...

Lovely photos!

Nature Rambles said...

Lovely photos!

Shawn said...

Thanks Guys!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails