Wednesday, November 26, 2008

The Hunt Begins

Yes, my friend with the big net had finally arrived, and the hunt began. Like before, we could here the frog's calls but could not see them. We used the net to catch fish, but no frogs were caught.
It was when we were losing hopes, and decided to go back, when I saw something near my shoe 'jump.' At first thought it was a type of grasshopper to me, but later I knew that it could be a frog, and so I caught it with the net, looked carefully at it, and,.... Yes! It was indeed a Field Frog!
-
We moved it into a container and brought it to a big field a few metres away from the paddy pond.
-
-
These [ABOVE] are some pictures I took after moving it to a big field, so that it does not hop away.
These [BELOW] are 2 pictures, one me holding the frog, and the other is a side view.
-
-
So finally, mission successful. The frogs were all Field Frogs, and so thats how their calls sound like, and thats where to find them! Paddy Ponds!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails