Sunday, December 7, 2008

Mistaken: A Malayan Whip Snake


-
As I had said in the earlier post, we were extremely lucky to take the longer route to the summit. Just as I started to get some shots of the moth, my friend had shouted out, "Oriental Whip Snake!" I immediately rushed to him. And there it was, a long, slender green snake on a small hanging branch. "What are you waiting for, start taking some photographs!" I told him as he was standing there admiring the snake.
[Below] are the unclear pictures.
-
-
But as I started photographing, The eyes showed a sign. They were big. This was most likely a Malayan Whip Snake, Ahaetulla mycterizans, which is also known as the Big-eye Green Whip Snake. And there, it was! A rarely seen Snake, the Malayan Whip Snake! This was our day. Two rare snakes in a single day!
-
A very beautiful snake indeed.
-

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails