Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Giant Uranid Moth

Was at school with some of my friends hanging around the pull-up bar when I spotted this big, brown, boomerang-shaped 'paper' on the wall. I went close and realized it was a Giant Uranid Moth.
-
-
-
These moths were pretty common during the October-December period last year as I had spotted three of them in my condo, two elsewhere and now one at school. But this was the first time I managed to photograph one. This is not the biggest moth in Singapore, however. The Atlas moth, also considered common, is. I haven't seen one of those recently.
-
-
-
And around the grass I spotted this tiny grasshopper. Just took a sot as my camera was still turned on.
-

5 comments:

Thomas Vattakaven said...

Wow, I`ve never seen one of these moths before. It is big indeed. Nice shots.

Thomas Vattakaven said...

Thanks for pointing out the skinks on my post. Have made the changes.

Shawn said...

Thanks for your comment Tom. And indeed, you are welcome.

Bluebottle said...

Great work Shawn! The last time I saw one in school, people were shooting water at it. :(
However, the moth did not care, and drank the water.

Shawn said...

Thnaks Bluebottle. Haha, those kinda stuff is common with kids. :) Dont worry.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails