Friday, July 31, 2009

A Common Summer Visitor

The Slender Skimmer is a common visitor to our school's water bodies during May and June. Before I was in this school, my Seniors used to say that there was a giant green dragon that wiped out all other dragonflies from the area. However they had no photographs to show. This time, I came face to face with the fierce dragon, the Slender Skimmer.
-
-
I didn't really find photographing this creature that difficult. It was not too shy and would stay at its spot no matter how close I came. I went up towards its front and took a shot of its head. Just as I was to move my camera away, it flew slightly forward and attempted to grab my finger! Luckily I did not drop my camera or it would have gone into the water. Wow, really, this dragonfly is very aggressive and was noticed to try grabbing and fly that flew nearby. No wonder all the Dawn Dropwings have vanished from the area.
-
-
We would have been having him and his sons and daughters for a pretty long time. This is definitely not the last time I post about this dragonfly.
-

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails