Monday, May 28, 2012

Narrow-Mouthed Frog

I was hanging out with my neighbor at his place one rainy evening, when we hear several loud frog calls from a nearby stream. Upon taking a look, we spotted a pretty large frog in the shallow water.


As I didn't have my camera with me, my neighbor lent me his Nikon L110 to grab these few shots. We sneaked closer to the frog, till he hopped onto the gravel.


I haven't been able to precisely identify this frog, except that it is a species of Narrow Mouthed Frog. This can be seen from its small and pointed mouth. It could be a Jerdon's Narrow-Mouthed Frog, but that species is near threatened and only found in the evergreen forests of South India.

2 comments:

adrielleroyale said...

Your photography is so great - I know it's been a while since I've visited, so I'll tell you all in one. I love the white bird (it was the fourth one in your last bird shots), the river shots, especially the rickety bridge shot (superb and professional looking), oh and the cute dragon fly and butterflies were wonderfully done too :) You never disappoint!

Shawn said...

Oh Thank you so much Adrielle!!! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails