Monday, October 19, 2009

A Lizard that Lacks Ears

I was feeling rather worried for not being able to spot much interesting creatures like snakes and lizards. While walking around the Teban Loop Trail, I was closely inspecting a spider when my friend softly told me that there was a Changeable Lizard on a twig beside. I was surprised to hear that there could be such common lizards in the middle of a forest. I took a look at the 'changeable lizard.' That was when it hit. It was no changeable lizard but a Earless Agamid.
-
-
The Earless Agamid is a species that is found mainly in primary forests. The reason why it got the name 'Earless Agamid' is because of the lack of external ear openings. This is the main key to its identification.
-
-
This species is known to be active both day and night. However when I was shooting it, it was inactive and just holding on to the twig. I have taken shots of different angles so that the viewer can get a clear image of how it looks. Next time you spot one of these, make sure not to misidentify them as changeable lizards!
-
-
-
At last it seemed to have enough so it hopped f into the undergrowth where it was never to be seen again.
-

2 comments:

William said...

Really nice find, Shawn. The head-shot and the last shot are brilliant. It seems that you are an excellent photographer at such an age, I wonder how much you would improve when you grow older!

Shawn said...

Thanks William! Well I really hope to get a dslr soon and take better photos... but of course I'll have to wait for a while till I grow older!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails