Monday, October 19, 2009

Mating Season for Monkeys

Apparently, it was mating season for the long-tailed macaques during the May-June period. I happened to meet up with several couples mating in front of the public. Just as I reached, I was curiously trying to take some shots of this Slender Squirrel that was playing around the trunk of a tree.
-
-
And then came this weird, 'guffaw, guffaw' sound from behind. I turned back to see two adult macaques mating! Actually, the female was mating with another male on the fence, and jumped down to mate with the second male. How interesting behaviours these animals have! In the midst of my laughter, I forced myself to take a few shots as I've never done before.
-
-
-
-
And while climbing up the hill looking for other creatures, a whole family of macaques appear before us. We walked carefully hoping that they do not feel threatned. Just then, a female macaque carrying a baby starts mating with a male, in front of all the other macaques. My friend and I could hardly hold our laughter as we walked away. It was simply hilarious!
-

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails