Monday, October 19, 2009

Looking for Spiders? Look No Further!

Bukit Timah, like any other forest, is always a good place to find creepy crawlies like spiders and insects. Here are some spiders that I spotted and shot in the reserve. Firstly, a few blue and red jumping spiders.
-
-
-
Another jumping spider but this one seems to be of a different species since it has different colours and patterns.
-
-
A big black ant-mimic spider.
-
-
-
The biggest spider in Singapore, the commonly seen Golden Web Spider. However, this time there were hardly any big ones and all I managed to shoot was this small one here which was wrapping up its meal.
-
-
Here's one that I can't identify.
-
-
Just wait. A whole lot of insects are about to charge at you in a few posts' time.

5 comments:

Bluebottle said...

Hi. I'm asking about a snake. I found it in the BTNR. you'll find it in my blog post "BTNR again" Please tell me if u know what it is. :)

Shawn said...

Bluebottle, the snake that you have in your blog is a Striped Kukri Snake. It is a non-venomous snake but its fangs are really sharp, like Kukri Knives. But fortunately, they are not offensive or aggresive.

Anonymous said...

Amiable dispatch and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you seeking your information.

Anonymous said...

Brim over I to but I think the brief should prepare more info then it has.

Anonymous said...

nice share, good article, very usefull for me...thanks

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails