Friday, July 1, 2011

Super Spiky!

Now here's something you don't see everyday, and you don't want to see them everyday either. I found this super spiky caterpillar crawling on the top of my car. It was rather small, about an inch in length, but had at least a hundred tiny little spikes around it. And not thin hairy spikes, but short, pointed and shark spikes.





Imagine what it'd be like if someone accidentally touches it, or some predator tries to eat it! He'll probably choke to death! Anyway, using a twig, I got it onto a tree away from the car. I wouldn't wanna ever see him crawling inside my car!

5 comments:

Calvin said...

the colour, it is truely nikon!

Thomas Vattakaven said...

Hi Shawn, good to see you enjoying your new camera. The caterpillar is the larvae of a Commander butterfly. Its pupa is also equally eye catching.

Shawn said...

Thanks Calvin and Tom!
Tom, thank you very much for the info! Would love to see its pupa one day, as long as its nowhere near my car again... :-)

adrielleroyale said...

Yikes! I wouldn't want to meet him either!

Shawn said...

Haha! I know that, Adrielle!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails