Monday, August 15, 2011

My Black and White Photography

I recently became interested in Black & White photography, after 'accidentally' decreasing the saturation of one of my photos. I understood the real beauty of black and white. But it isn't easy! So far, I've only captured a very few shots that when converted to B&W, looks fairly good. Here's the big Hindu temple I shot at Kanyakumari.



A thick dictionary!



Cars. Singapore is a perfect place to photograph sports and luxury cars. Catching them in action is even more exciting. Here's a BMW sports car as it zoomed past, after turning it into B&W.



And a luxury car, a Bentley soft-top. Hey, I might wanna try making an advertisement with these photos!



Last, a shot I captured of a waterfall in Munnar, India.

3 comments:

adrielleroyale said...

These are great shots, and I do appreciate black and white shots occasionally, but my heart will always love color more :)

Rick (Ratty) said...

You did an excellent job with each of these. I especially like the artistry of the dictionary photo.

Shawn said...

Thanks Adrielle and Ratty!

Adreille, I too feel the same way. Before turning the photos into B&W, I always admire the original image.

And thanks a lot Ratty for your comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails