Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Another Earless Agamid

Spotted this little fellow while climbing the steep steps. It was also the second time spotting a Earless Agamid, the other one was also in Bukit Timah.
-
-
What I like about this lizard is that it is one of the few lizards that are co-operative with nature lovers like us and will pose to be photographed. Gliding Lizards and Changeable Lizards usually run off when we get close.
-
-
Here are some close-up head shots of the agamid.
-
-
-
I was almost done with the lizard when a woman ahead of us called out to us, "There's a snake up here!" I rushed with the camera, leaving its cap and my small bag where it was. The lady was poiting out to a small snake between the undergrowth. It was a Spotted Keelback. Despite the fact that it came up all the way to my feet, I failed to get a shot of it due to its speed. Throughout this whole trip, what surprised me the most was that I had spotted 3 animals that I'd once seen before. The Malayan Whip Snake, Stick Insect and the Spotted Keelback.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

pretty cool stuff here thank you!!!!!!!

Shawn said...

Thank You anonymous!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails