Friday, January 8, 2010

Peeking Out Of A Tree Hole

Walked all the way to the summit without finding much animals. After a quick rest under the summit hut, we decided to take the steps back to the main road. But suddenly I noticed a small movement on a tree and moved closer to check out. A skink was peeking out of a hole in the tree.
-
-
It was a Brown Tree Skink, a species not that commonly seen. I tried taking more shots but as I moved closer to it, it became aware of my presence and slowly moved deeper into the hole.
-
-
-
I got as close as possible and all I could see was the tip of the head. The hole was pretty high so I could not really get any superb shots. However, I noticed that there was a mosquito on its nose and faster snapped a shot before it retreated its head into the hole.
-

4 comments:

Bluebottle said...

Havent seen that skink! Congrats! your sec 3 now!

Shawn said...

Thnaks Bluebottle! Grats on P5!

Lone Akita said...

wow! these are AMAZING pictures!
what a wonderful sight!
Thank you :)

Shawn said...

Thanks Lone Akita!!! :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails