Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Ant-Mimic Spiders

Not everyday in Singapore do you see a spider that resembles an ant. But back in Kerala, thats not the case. You've got big spiders like these that come up to your bedroom, and you'll easily mistake them for a black ant. But wait till you look a closer look and realize that its actually a venomous spider.
-
-
I spotted this one at my front balcony while I was letting my dogs dry up after bath. To be honest, I almost sat on the creature. It constantly kept moving around, so it was difficult to photograph it.
-
-
And of course, out in the bushes you see lots of weaver ants, and then ther'll be one ant which is either late or cannot keep up with the crowd, so they decide to take a nap under a mango leaf, and then are waken up by people like me who easily figure out that its a spider, not an ant.
-
-
Once it realizes that its true identity has been revealed, it backs away slowly but if we don't leave them alone, they just act like normal spiders and face us to attack.
-

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails