Tuesday, April 13, 2010

There's a Skink in the Smokehouse

A scream alerted me while I was watching the television inside my house. I easily recognised it as my sister's scream, and it was coming from behind. I rushed to the smokehouse and my sister was backing off in shock. My hopes rose, could it be a snake? But when I went in, I didn't see any creature. Until, a sharp face sitting on the wood greeted me with a nod. Wow, that's a big skink, I thought. I greeted back with a smile and it jumped off to the wall. Surprisingly, it could hold on and stand vertically on the wall!
-
-
-
Apparently, the skink did not move away and just held on firmly to the wall, without moving a little. I managed to get pretty close to get a few close-up shots.
-
-
-
These skinks are pretty common here, especially during the November to December period. It's just that you don't get to photograph them that often. Anyway, the skink made its way out of the smokehouse and hid underneath a large rock a few metres away. I tried my best to lift the rock but it was too heavy, but managed to take a shot through a small hole below.
-

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails