Friday, April 23, 2010

Finally Some Frogs

While walking through the scrub, I spotted a tiny frog hopping around in the leaf litter. However, I couldn't capture it in camera since it kept disappearing into the undergrowth. I left him and moved on, but luckily spotted another one at the edge of the water of one of the swamps.
-
-
Sure was a pretty frog, but I realized I had to use flash in order to see the whole body. It had been quite a while since I last spotted a frog in India. They used to be really common in our areas but now have disappeared due to urbanisation. This frog was really tiny, about 2 cm in total body length. Luckily it didn't swim away and let me take the shots I wanted.
-
-
-
Soon, there was another frog in another swamp, but this one was further away and it was pretty tough to photograph it. It was much bigger than the previous one; it measured about 10 cm. However, I only managed one good shot before it decided to swim away.
-

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails