Saturday, April 4, 2009

The 8-Legged Killers

I had mentioned in my earlier post that I would be back at MacRitchie soon. Well, just two days after I actually went there once more with a friend of mine. This time, no Green Crested Lizard appeared before us at the road, but we had plenty of encounters with spiders. We were walking along the path in the reserve when we noticed a few Bat Lilies blooming. Just by the side was a very strange spider with long legs with stripes of black and yellow on them.
-
-
I realized that flash was not good all the time, so I took another shot without flash. Comparing both images, they seem to be equal to me.
-
-
During our walk, we met an old man who told us about his Snake Encounters in the reserve. While I was listening to him with his story of the Blue Malayan Coral Snake, I spotted a small St. Andrew's Cross Spider on its beautiful web beneath a leaf.
-
-
After having walked a few kilometres, we reached a T-junction. One path led to the exit, where I could already see cars moving on the expressway, and the other was a very long route that takes us all over the reserve. We realized that we did not have enough time to take the whole round, so we decided to go back the way we came. But this time, we took the path beside the water. While trying to avoid some Carpenter Bees, I noticed a spider with a fly caught in its jaws.
-

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails