Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Spot the Birds

I had a number of photos of birds with me lately, but I just could not post them since the picture quality is very weak, and the birds are barely visible either. I'm making use of some of these images by asking you to find the birds that are somewhere in the picture. Can you find them?
-
First picture, taken at the Marsh Pond in Jurong Central Park. Spot the bird, which is a Yellow-Vented Bulbul.
-
-
Second picture, also taken from the Marsh Pond in Jurong Central Park. I'm not exactly sure about what species of bird this is, but it does look somewhat similar to a Shrike or Sparrow. See if you can spot it or not.
-
-
Last but not least, a photograph taken long ago from Bukit Timah Nature Reserve, a species of forest pigeon that was hopping around in the undergrowth beside the path leading to the summit. This one should be very easy to spot.
-
-
So, can you spot the birds?

5 comments:

Shirls said...

Hi Shawn, the first bird is a yellow-vented bulbul, second is a brown shrike and the third is an emerald dove.

Shawn said...

Oh, so you did manage to spot all of them.

Thanks for the identification, Shirls. These pictures were taken very long ago and I had nothing to do with the shots. Anyway, today I managed to get some ok-ok shots os some small yellow birds flying around my house. Could they be sunbirds?

Shirls said...

yes, I can make out the birds in your photos. As for the small yellow birds, won't hazard a guess until I see some photos.

Shawn said...

Well, I'll post them on flickr soon. Then it'll be easy for you to see.

Bluebottle said...

Yes, Shirls, the last did look like a green-winged pigeon.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails