Saturday, April 4, 2009

Macaque Troop

We were still on our way back on the path beside the water. I could already see the exit from a distance. At a curve, I spotted a troop of Long-Tailed Macaques grooming each other. They were doing this on a slanted tree and wee actually had to walk beneath them. I took a shot of them as it was the first time I saw macaques at MacRitchie.
-
-
As they continued grooming one another, a young macaque decided to leave and go get some leaves to chew on. He was rather daring as if he was to lose a bit of grip, he would have fallen straight into the water.
-
-
Very soon an adult got distracted by one of the trekkers and got out of the troop. He slowly walked closer and tried to show faces at some of them. I took a shot, this time accidentally with a flash.
-

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails