Saturday, April 4, 2009

My First Damselfly Shoot

As I said, I was in MacRitchie Reservoir and even after having spent almost an hour walking in the reserve I did not spot anything. I did capture a Slender Squirell in the camera but the image was not clear at all. After deciding on which path to take, my cousin and I took the path beside the water. As I walked past a damselfly caught my eye. I identified this particular on as the Blue Sprite, a common damselfly in Singapore. This was the first time I shot a damselfly too.
-
-
My first picture did not turn up really well. I left it and continued my journey. But very soon it started to drizzle, but I thought that it would not really affect us. But the rain started to get heavier and heavier, forcing us to retreat. We walked back the same way we came, this time just a bit faster. From a distance, I noticed the Blue Sprite still sitting down on the leaf. I gave it a go and I shot it once more. The result was much better.
-
-
How's that for a starter? Well, I should have called myself lucky to have left that place at that very moment as just as we reached the bus stop, the rain was so heavy that I could hardly see anything ahead of me. I was very dissapointed that I could not spend the whole day there, but I knew that I' would be back, one day.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails