Sunday, April 5, 2009

Reptile of the Day

I never expected to see one of these in MacRitchie. On the other hand I was really expecting to see a few Clouded Monitors. I could not find the bird making all those calling but instead I found this tiny guy, a Malayan Water Monitor. It was slightly bigger than the one we spotted and caught from our school. I took a few shots.
-
-
The young animal was quite scared and moved away from us at first sight. Slowly, he started to dig and look around for insects or anything to eat.
-
-
It slowly started to move towards the water. Before letting it go, I took one last shot with a flash. Pity the lizard, it suddenly got shocked.
-
-
This was the only reptile I came across that particular day at MacRitchie. Although I was expecting to find a few snakes, none of them showed up, causing my trip there rather uneventful. But, I'm at a new place, I'll find it like this now. In the future, I may be able to spot many more creatures.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails