Sunday, April 5, 2009

Damselflies Mating

After minutes of walking, I finally could see the exit come closer. I was rather exhausted by then already, but upon seeing the exit, I was pleased. We still continued to look around for any animals. I chanced upon a pair of dragonflies, the Bue Sprites, mating while flying around above the surface of the water. Just as I followed their route, they settled down on a thin twig above the water surface. It seemed to be my luck and hence I bent down to try shooting them. This was the only clear picture I could get, though.
-
-
As you can see the damselfly below, which I suppose is the female, is not clearly visible in the shot. I did take many shots but most of them were sensing the background. Anyway, this was the first time I had photographed a pair of mating damselflies, so I was happy with this shot. I'm sure I'll encounter many more in the future.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails