Friday, February 27, 2009

Agamids on the Mountains

I hadn't posted anything about animals that I saw on the mountains. Well there isn't anything apart from this. I was told by my parents that they saw a few well-camouflaged black lizards sunning themselves on the rocks. They also told me that they were extremely fast and that it is very hard to spot them. Well, I looked around the place they told me to look and found a very camouflaged lizard hiding underneath a huge rock crack. I did manage to get a picture of it but it wasn't very clear.
-
-
The moment I took the first shot, it ran away into the bushes. I didn't see it again. Judging by its shape and look, it is most probably a type of agamid lizard, like changeable lizards. Well, soon I started looking around every huge dark rocks to see if I can spot anything. My Uncle told me that I could possibly find a small species of viper here. Although I didn't see any snakes, I came across another agamid hiding under a rock crack during my search.
-
-
After taking this shot, I realised that it wasn't clear enough. When I turned and looked, the lizard was still there. I quickly took the chance and photographed it again. I did get a picture clearer than the previous one.
-
-
Soon after the second shot the lizard turned away and went in deeper into the rock crack. This species seems to look rather different from the first one as it has a partially orange head and neck. I don't know its species and hence I can't be sure on what name it has. Well, maybe I can find out after doing some research.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails