Sunday, February 22, 2009

Walking Along the Cold Stream

After a few more minutes in the jeep, we finally reached our destination. The House was very small and had no electricity. That was not a problem, though, as it seemed more of a Forest Camp for us. It is a rather dangerous place as there had been reports of Elephants visiting that area. And it was also beside a few densely forested mountains too. Venomous Snakes and other harmful creatures could make their way into houses.
Anyway, once we reached the house, we got our backpacks out, changed into our home clothes and were ready for adventure. My sisters and I noticed a small yet long stream nearby and decided to take a look. These are two shots I took from a huge rock beside the House. One shows the forested mountain and the other, a part of the stream.
-
-
-
The water was Freezing Cold and we almost made our feet partially numb while walking through the water. We weren't wearing anything on our feet either. The chill water ran across my feet as I took another two photographs of the water faling from the Huge Rocks.
-
-
-
The stream was about half a kilometre long and we hadn't even reached half of it when we spotted a big tree beside the stream. When we went closer, we realized that it was actually Hollow! We slowly creeped into the tree to check out the view inside. But we did keep a look out for any snakes, scorpions or centipedes hiding in there. As I looked up, I saw a bat flapping its wings after sensing our visit. It didn't fly away though, but I could not see it even after using flash to take a shot. Here's the shot that I took:
-
-
We made our way all the way back. As we did, I randomly took a photograph of the beautiful running water.
-

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails