Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Wild House

A very enjoyable time I had in the stream. Well as soon as I headed home (which was a few metres from the stream), I got my camera and walked in and around the house hunting. I didn't really find very interesting creatures like snakes or frogs, but I got to photograph a number of them just around that tiny house. Here they are. The first was a Gecko with round pupils. In Singapore only the Kendall's Rock Gecko has round pupils, but here, there seem to be many species of geckos with round pupils.
-
-
Close-Up shot showing its round pupils.
-
-
A Common House Beetle.
-
-
A small Brown Mantis about an inch long. It was hopping around wildly in the bedroom when I spotted it. At first I thought it was some type of fly but only after taking a closer look did I realize what it was.
-
-
The Mantis was one of the best finds in the house so I decided to take another shot.
-
-
A few species of moths.
-
-
Another shot of the same one above.
-
-
A much tinier one with torn wings.
-
-
A rather big moth resting on the side of the wall.
-
-
Two Hairy Caterpillars in the leaf litter around the house.
-
-
This one was bigger and had slightly different colouring from the other.
-
-
Lastly a Butterfly resting on the underside of the metal roof.
-
-
I managed to get very close and take a close-up photograph of its eyes.
-

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails