Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Life Cycle: 3 Generations

I was having a rather hard time trying to photograph the small black frogs swimming around. Whenever they see me, they jump back into the water. As I splashed around the stream looking for any frogs sitting on the rocks, I noticed something like a Jelly Fish. I was sure it could not be a jellyfish as they only occur in Sea Water. As I looked closely and examined it, I realised that they were actually frog eggs. I got my camera out and took a shot.
-
-
Just a few minutes after photographing the frog eggs, I came across a small yellow tadpole swimming around in the water near the rocks. It was as big as the frogs and so I don't think they belong to the same species. I did encounter a few of these tadpoles but I didn't manage to get a shot because they wee too fast. I took my chance and photographed the tadpole before it swam away.
-
-
After hours of hunting in the stream, our parents started to use sticks to hit down Wild Pomelos. Poor folks, they didn't even manage to hit one down. Just as I was about to try, I noticed 2 frogs clinging nearby onto a rock. I just tried my luck. I moved in and managed to take a shot. It wasn't very clear though. But the picture did show a clear image of the frog on the left.
-
-
After taking that shot, I realised that the frog which could not be clearly seen was still there clinging onto the wet rock. The other one had jumped away the moment I stood up. I tried my best to move in slowly and take a shot. Bingo! I got a clear shot of the tiny frog.
-
-
In the meantime I managed to hit down 3 big Pomelos for my parents. They were satisfied at last. But just as I was about to start eating a piece I noticed another frog nearby. My camera was so close to the frog but it didn't move at all. Without even moving my camera, I used a soft flash and took a shot. Wow, I got it clear!
-
-
After looking through these photos did I realise that I had seen all three generations in the life cycle of a frog. First I saw the Frog Eggs, then the Tadpoles, followed by the Frogs!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails