Saturday, February 21, 2009

A House filled with Pets

We were on our way to a small house on the top of a mountain that belonged to a cousin of ours. It was an extremely tiring journey, but still enjoyable. Our vehicle was an old Jeep that was climbing extremely steep slopes with no road at all. The road was full of huge rocks and Dust. It was about 30 minutes long, so we stopped on the way to have some rest and make ourselves stable after all the shaking of our bodies. We stopped at a house that belonged to on of our relatives.
My sisters and I went around the house and were amazed to see how many pets they had. This included two puppies, 8 young rabbits, 2 adult rabbits, 17 newborn bunnies, a kitten, and an injured Stork that they were taking care of. Of these, the first ones that we decided to have a proper look at were the puppies. They were extremely cuddly and sweet to the touch. It was absolutely amazing to see them run around with their tiny tails shaking here and there.
Here's a picture of one of them in my sister's arms:
-
-
And here is the other puppy that they had.
In the first picture it is being held by my cousin sister,
and in the second it was in its small wooden cage.
-
-
-
As my sister was holding the other puppy, I noticed that it was about to lick its nose, so I immediately took a shot of him with his whole toungue covering its nose.
What a cute shot!
-
-
The next wooden cage was occupied by none other than 8 baby rabbits. Most of them were grey but one was white. I took these two shots of a number of these rabbits sitting together waiting anxiously to know what was going to happen. When I looked at them, my mind suddenly recalled to the past, making me think about my rabbit Snowy.
-
-
-
I noticed one of those cute looking ones munching on a small leaf from below.
I moved in my camera to take a photograph of that cute little bunny.
-
-
Only after meeting these bunnies did they tell me about the kitten and the stork. We moved intot the house to check them out. The kitten was hiding deep below the sofa where it felt more secure. It was very curious and always tried to go back under when we moved any closer. It was rather hard for me to at least get this shot of it. You can see from the picture that it was extremely scared and nervous.
-
-
At the back of the house was where they kept the injured stork. It was recently caught by a dog and had nearly broken its leg but the people chased the dog away and rescued the stork. They are hoping that it could heal soon and release it back to the wild as soon as possible. I too ust one photograph of it.
-
-
We left for the worst: Into the jeep once more for the even worse roller coaster ride...
Oh No.....!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails