Sunday, February 22, 2009

Little Crabby, I missed your Daddy!

Here in this post, I shall start the off with the creatures that I found during my walk in the streams. Well, I was looking around trying to photograph some tiny frogs when I found a crab about 10 cm in length. As soon as I noticed it, it noticed me too and started fleeing away at the moment. I tried my best but the water kept reflecting the flash and I could not get a good shot. The shot without flash wasn't clear either. In the end the crab made its way into a deep hole in the water. It was a good opportunity missed.
But just when I was about to give up hope, I spooted another crab on the other side of the stream. I slowly moved in, so that I don't startle it like the previous one. I managed to get rather good shots as it stayed where it was for the entire time. Here is a photograph I took:
-
-
A closer look after cropping the image.
-
-
Soon the crab seemed to have realized my presense that it cautiously moved in deeper into the water, and under a couple of stones. I took a shot of it as it started to move.
-
-
I then decided to move off and continue on my mission to photograph the fast-moving black frogs.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails