Monday, February 2, 2009

Early Morning Excursion

At about 4 in the evening the previous day, we left to a place called Calicut. It was an eight-hour trip on car. Our Driver did not get a chance to sleep in the night.
We reached our destination at about 12.15 midnight and I had a trouble in sleeping. The next morning I started my early hunting so as to see what exotic creatures I could find here.
I first headed to see some workers breaking huge rocks from a nearby area. It was an awesome scene, huge, massive rocks exploding from where it was. In the meantime, I found this Dragonfly resting on a branch and slowly moved in to get some good shots. I rarely get chances to photograph Dragonflies as they sense us quickly and are fast moving creatures.
-
-
I could not resist not taking another shot. This Dragonfly is the Dawn Dropwing, that actually drops its wing at some period of time, when the wing is old, I suggest. It is a beautiful dragonfly of medium size with a pink body and deep red veins. The Males are said to be much more beautiful than the females.
-
-
On the way back home I walked through the tapioca plants to find this cute little Butterfly sitting
on a leaf motionlessly.
-
-
This seems to be the only butterfly that is not afraid of humans: They never fly away when we
come close. Almost all other butterflies I have encountered will flee at the sense of our approach.
-
-
I reached home finally, exhausted.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails