Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Hide and Seek

I was still hunting around the stream, when my Sisters moved furthur away to see an eagle hover in the sky. I examined a tree trunk. I didn't see anything until I noticed a few tiny green legs appear before me. My initial thought was a stick insect. And it was! I turned around and so did it. I got a first shot of it hiding behind the end of a dead leaf. It was hiding now...
-
-
And soon I manged to get around and capture a shot of it with its full body in the image.
-
-
After having sensed that it has been spotted, it immediately climbed up the dead leaf and onto the tree, and slowly slipped underneath a green leaf, hoping to stay camouflaged. But I knew where it was, so I slowly creeped under the leaf and took a shot.
-
-
And as I walked past a huge rock on the way back, I spotted another one walking away into the bushes. It was slightly bigger than the previous one and was brown in colour. Since it was rather fast, I could not get such a clear image. You should be able to spot it.
-
-
An exciting day to be. Frogs, Sticks Insects, Crabs, how better could it be? Well I still had a trip up to the highest mountain that day. Wait for the next post.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails