Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Who Doesn't Love Flowers?

I was staying in my uncle's house that had recently been sold to him by a student studying on flowers and plants. Hence their Garden was full of flowers. So full that wherever you look, you can see flowers. There were many diferent types of flowers too. These flowers were hence attracting some small creatures near the house, to my delight.
I got my camera out to try photographing some tiny bees collecting pollen or nectar from the flowers. Although I didn't manage to get very good shots, I found a number of other animals too.
Here is a picture of two bees flyin above a flower. Pity my camaera could not sense the bees and only the flower is clear in the picture.
-
-
As the bees settled down, I took a photograph of both.
Here's the first one:
-
-
And the Second:
-
-
I looked through every single flower to see if I can spot any camouflaged insects or spiders. As I looked below a dead flower, I spotted this small lynx spider hiding behind the flower. I tried my best to get a photograph of this beautiful spider but it kept moving away when the camera was close.
-
-
I tried again, this time from the other side. But I still didn't manage to get a perfect shot.
-
-
Finally, after a few minutes of persevering, I manged to photograph the spider with its full body colours visible in the photograph.
-
-
As I walked to the back of the house, I spotted this tiny Crab Spider hanging on a silk line, with a bee twice its size clasped in its front legs and its jaws. I tried my best to get a shot of it but when the flash hit him, he dropped the bee and went back onto the flower he was initially waiting on. I took 2 shots.
-
-
A few minutes later he walked to the end, with his front legs stretched out again, waiting for its next meal to pass by.
-

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails