Wednesday, November 18, 2009

A Captive Brahminy Kite

Walked to one of my relative's house to hang out with him for a day. He brought me to a house where they kept many pet birds like chickens, ducks, geese and... a Brahminy Kite! I was wondering why the had to keep a kite with them. According to some, these birds are not allowed to be kept here in houses, unless they have permission from the authorities. I took a shot as it looked at my relative curiously.
-
-
It then started to call out loudly.
-
-
I once had read in the news that a person was fined for keeping two pet owls that he bought illegally from a stranger. The owner of this kite also says that he bought it from a person for Rs. 25,000! That's about S$745! This man is most likely to end up in the same situation. Without further ado, I left the place with my relative. I pitied the poor kite. If it wasn't for some poachers, it would have been flying its life out like these two individuals.
-

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails