Thursday, November 19, 2009

Hunting Indoors and Outdoors

Hunting outdoors yields a lot of creatures... But what about indoors? Here in India, there are hidden creatures that live even inside the houses. Within a day, I went hunting both outside and inside my house. Here are the creatures from outdoors, starting off with a swarm of bees/wasps around one of our herbal plants.
-
-
-
A Spotted Weevil.
-
-
A Common Mormon drinking nectar from the lantana flowers.
-
-
A Lynx Spider waiting in ambush with its front legs up, hoping to grab any prey that passes by.
-
-
Near the pond I spotted this dragonfly that I've never seen before.
-
-
And a Red Damselfly too.
-
-
Now for the creatures from indoors. Starting off with two unusual flies that are attracted to the lights at night. The first one looks very much like an ant with wings.
-
-
-
A female spider carrying its eggs.
-
-
Here's a closer look at its eggs.
-
-
Another nocturnal spider that I spotted on a wall on the balcony.
-
-
Well that's not all! Inside my bedroom, there was an intruder who came in looking for a home. A House Rat. It was a good climber as it made its way from the ground till the second story bedroom! The moment I saw it, it saw me too and hopped onto the shelf, and onto the window and onto the terrace and into a pipe that leads it back to the ground.

5 comments:

William said...

Nice Shots of these various insects!

Shawn said...

Thanks William!

Bluebottle said...

Hey now you've got the butterfly ID right! ( is it because I told you? )

Shawn said...

Well sure it is! Thanks BlueBottle!

Bluebottle said...

No prob.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails