Sunday, November 29, 2009

Red Grasshawk Test Shots

-
Back in Sigapore with more posts from school. Spotted a Red Grasshawk in the CTW and tried shooting it. I had about 3 hours to kill so I decided to try taking some test shots of this dragonfly.
-
-
-
-
Apparently this time, the grasshawk was very co-operative and decided to let me photograph it. While it rested on it's favourite spot, I lied down on my front to take some close-ups.
-
-
-
-
Tried something that I never tried before then. I took a stick and moved it close to the dragonfly. As it lifted off for a second, I quickly moved the stink just above it's favourite spot. It landed on the end of my stick and I moved it up slowly.
-
-
However very soon it came to know that I was holding it, so it flew off with fright.
-

4 comments:

Kanak Hagjer said...

I've done that with damsels. Sometimes you get lucky! This is one of my favourite dragons. That red simply calls out to us to run towards it with a camera!

Shawn said...

Thanks Kanak for the comment.

Yes, this is a really pretty dragonfly. Common here. Well yes, the red is really attractive. Even if I've shot it a hundred times, I can't resist taking another shot if I see it again!

Bluebottle said...

Yes, I see it alot. Almost all my dragonfly sightings are of this one.

Shawn said...

Well, it is very common, that should be why.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails