Sunday, November 29, 2009

Common Greenback

Went to Sungei Buloh one day after school hours with some other CCA members to test the water quality of the pond and to compare the difference between our CTW water and the water here. I was as usual one of the photographers so all I had to do was to take a few snaps of them working. After having done with that my friend and I went closer to the pond to try finding some interesting creatures... And then I noticed a small frog resting on the thin leaves above the water.
-
-
I instantly identified it as a Common Greenback thouhg I had never seen one before. However I identified it as I have seen too many pictures of it.
-
-
-
No matter how close I got, I could not get a shot of the whole frog as there were a few leaves blocking it. But after a few minutes of trying, I finally managed to get a decent shot of the whole frog in picture.
-

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What a lovely green colour! Not common around here. We only see the brown frogs!

Shawn said...

Oh, you mean the Asian Toads? They're very common here too. This one was spotted in this wetland reserve, but can also be found in sub-urban areas near water.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails