Sunday, January 11, 2009

8 eyes on a Giant House Spider

Here's a juvenile Giant House Spider that was loitering around the back of the staircase that morning. After running around for a few minutes trying to stop this little spider, he stopped due to exhaustion. I took my chance to photograph it as quick as possible.
-
-
My flash hit him so badly that he startled by the first one. Almost all small creatures like these are afraid of sudden movements. I got a few more shots and got him out of the house. Their bites are extremely painful. Now I don't mind them, they are willing caretakers of a lonely house...
-
-
This spider is actually considered a big pest. They love to inhabit wooden shelves, cupboards and cabinets. Although very common in houses, some have been known to live in Stone cracks. I have seen a few outside at the backyard where a pile of rocks were moven away.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails