Saturday, January 3, 2009

Day 2's Creepy Crawlies Photo Gallery

Sorry, I can't think of a better title for this post. I can't name it 'insects' because I have a lot more creatures other than insects. Well, here in this post, are a number of invertebrates that I found during Day 2 in India. First up: Flies. These pictures include a Housefly and a Fruitfly.

Next up, I have Ants. Ok, I understand, maybe it is a bit boring but, just view the pictures! In the first picture is a gruop of ants drinking nectar from a very well known flower. I am not exactly sure if they are drinking nectar or are having a group meeting or discussion, but in the second picture I am sure that these ants are building nests for their young on the leaves of a guava plant. I hope that they don't eat up all the guavas and leave none for us.

-
What I have next is a type of Bee, and atype of Assassin Bug. They were both found on plant leaves in my backyard. The Bee had an approximate body length of 1cm and was showing no interest in being photographed, and so I feared that it would sting, so I moved away quickly. The Assassin Bug was a rather small one too, about 4cm in total body length.
-
-
I was then digging in the soil when I found 2 Big Blackish Blue Earthworms curled up together. I seriously have no idea what they could have been doing, but all I know was that they were big, so I took some shots. I buried them back again. Oops! I buried the couple alive!
-
-
Work harder, and earn more. A picture of an ant carrying another ant about 5 times bigger than itself. This shows how strong an ant is. The second picture is that of a Pill Millipede. Believe me, I waited about 10 minutes for it to unroll itself, but it didn't.
-
-
The last 2 pictures, 2 insects that hop. A green legged Grasshopper with Black sides with Blue spots, and a brown Cricket-like insect.
-

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails