Thursday, January 8, 2009

Mr Hairy Silkworm

He's not a silkworm, because silkworms are generally larger and are not hairy either. I was loitering around the back of my old house when this white cotton-like creature started to move away from the rock he was sitting on. It was a rather weird yet interesting creature as anyone would mistake it for cotton. But it will be just unlucky for that person who takes this caterpillar and stuffs it into his pillow! He will have an itchy night followed by maybe a few bites here and there.
-
-
I wonder if he is in any way a member of the silkworm family. There are heaps of Bullberry Trees here. They could be feeding on them.
-
-
I headed off in a few minutes after photographing this guy. I got him onto a mullberry tree before heading off.
-

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails