Saturday, January 31, 2009

Do Not Play with Fire!

-
It was around 8 in the evening and the current suddenly went off. The rooms were so dark that I could not even manage to see where I was going. After lighting a candle, I sat in front of the candle and started to read my book. As my mother passed by, she told me that there was a Praying Mantis on the candle. When I turned and looked, there it was! A similar Praying Mantis to the first one I saw since my trip here. I slowly started to photograph this cute mantis. A few shots caused it to move up the candle. But all of a sudden it moved all the way up, causing one of its front legs to touch the flame. It immediately moved its leg and put it into its mouth.
Here's a picture of the mantis suddenly touching the fire. I don't know why, maybe its because of the flash that I can't see the flame in here.
-
-
The first picture in this post shows the mantis with its burnt leg in its mouth.
I pity this tiny insect as it can easily be burnt, and a such a slight fire burn can hurt it so much.
Here are a few pictures I took before it burnt its leg.
-
-
After a few minutes of 'licking' its leg, I moved it outside onto the Guava Plant, hoping that it would not return and burn its leg again. I took a picture of it before getting back into the house.
-
-
So guys, now know how disastrous it can get when you play with fire? Better watch out!
-

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails