Sunday, March 29, 2009

Brahminy Kites in the Air

The briefing had nearly finished when we heard calls from some birds in the sky. I stood up to find myself looking at a few Brahminy Kites flying low. Although I had seen these kites a number of times, I never got the opportunity to photograph any of these. This time, I decided to give it a try though. I stood under the hot sun, my camera turned on and in ready position to shoot any kites that fly nearby. Just a few seconds after I turned on my camera, one of the kites flew above me. Just in the nick of time, I took a shot. Well, for a starter, this should not be bad.
-
-
The picture was shaky and blur. If I had been less shaky the result would have been much better. Soon I managed to take a few more shots of the kites. But most of the time I did get the chance, I either missed them, or the picture would have turned out really bad. Within that few tries, this was the best shot I got.
-
-
After a few more minutes of waiting, I chanced upon an individual nearing a tree. I immediately focused my camera on it and took a shot. Although slighlty blur and shaky, I did manage to capture the whole bird in the photograph, which I thought that I didn't.
-
-
I decided to take a break for a few minutes, due to exhaustion. After my break, instead of standing up and looking at the sky with my hands in the air, I lied down on the grass with my camera resting on my chest. Just as I waited, a large Kite swooped very low above me. And just in time, I got an awesome shot of it, with the full body visible. The shot was rather clear and not shaky either! After zooming into the picture I took, I realized that I could actually see its open mouth and its legs too.
-
-
I was really pleased with the shot that I got that I showed it to almost all my groupmates taht very moment. I knew that I could take even better shots from now on, and just as I lied down once again, another big kite flew lowly above me. I was still very excited and hence when I took the shot, the photo was shaky and s did not go better than the previous shot.
-
-
It was about time for us to leave already. Two hours flew away with the Brahminy Kites that easily. At lest I was happy with that particular shot that I took.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails