Friday, March 27, 2009

Dragonfly Wonders

Our School was currently doing a project called 'Dragonfly Wonders', where the main aim is to attract dragonflies to the School's Constructed Treatment Wetland. Dragonflies, according to what they say, are also very useful as they eat up many mosquitos and other harmful flies. Well, slowly, the number of dragonflies started to increase in our school, and hence I decided to try photographing the dragonflies. On the first day, my photographs did not turn up really well. This is the best picture I had of it.
-
-
I did not give up hope, though. A few days later after spotting a few resting on the high twigs of the water plants, I tried my best to photograph them again. This time, I improved a lot compared to my previous shots. Here are a few of them.
-
-
I always thought that using flash was always the best. But this time, I realized how nice a photograph would look even without flash. These are two of my best shots without flash.
-
-
-
I soon came across a slightly bigger one of the same species. I managed to get really close-up with this dragonfly that the next three shots were actually taken without any zoom at all. Using a soft flash, I came up with this shot.
-
-
I then took a shot with normal flash. The result was better even though its eyes could not be too clearly visible.
-
-
The dragonfly soon moved its wings a bit more towards the front. I used flash and got a very clear shot that looked somewhat like a visual image. Zoom into the picture and you will see the difference.
-

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails