Sunday, March 22, 2009

Spot The Horshoe Crabs

I was informed by some of my groupmates that several students there had spotted horshoe crabs on the mudflat. I moved in towards the crowd to check them out. There were about seven Mangrove Horshoe Crabs in total at that area itself. Althoguh in such a large number, most of them were very small and hence I couldn't really get shots as clear as I wanted.
-
-
I aimed mainly for the bigger ones as like with the Tree-Climbing Crabs, the bigger ones will be much more visible in the photographs. I slowly took a few clean shots while a particular one crawled along the flowing water.
-
-
I don't exactly know if these creatures are common or rare, but to me, this was an awesome experience as it was the first time I was looking at wild Horshoe Crabs. Despite not being able to get clear shots, I have not given up as there would still be many more trips to Sungei Buloh from our school. I hope to find a few bigger ones next time.
-

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails