Sunday, March 22, 2009

A Huge Web Artist

I never knew how big a spider in Singapore could be. Golden Web Spiders, being one of the largest spiders in Singapore, were not really fascinating to me though. Wheneber I saw any of these, they were about just five centimetres long, until this encounter. I was curiously walking around the path trying to spot some animals when I nearly walked into this huge spider. I could not believe my eyes as this beast was absolutely huge. It was nearly as big as my palm! Lucky I did not walk into the spider, for that would cause a disaster to me and to the spider.
-
-
Through these photographs I am not really able to show how big it was. I did try to show my palm and the spider in the photograph to compare it with my palm, just to show how big it was. But unfortunately, whenever I moved my hand close, it would start to 'jump' in a way that forces me to retreat my hand. So i just took a few random shots of it. I later noticed how attractive and huge its web was.
-
-
-
Absolutely one creature that you would not want hanging around in your wardrobe.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails